If you know our PLA, you pretty much already know our ABS. The colors are the same. The consistency and quality is the same. Do print with ABS to make something durable, sturdy and built to last. Don’t print with ABS if your printer is in your kitchen and you’re cooking a delicate soufflé. It has a much strong odor vs. PLA, your date will be upset and your soufflé will fall. If you have questions about our filament, please email us. If you’re a larger account and you want to test a sample, please email us. We do provide volume discounts to those who ask nicely. Even if you don’t ask nicely but you want to buy lots of filament, we’ll work with you as well. Why FoxSmart filament, you may ask? Here are some facts that might (should) matter to you:
• Our factory has been making filament longer than just about any modern 3D filament extruder in the world. They’ve been extruding filaments since 2007, long before most others got into the market.
• Filaments are tested not once…not twice…but 4 times in-line during extrusion with 4 separate laser calipers, ensuring precise, controlled diameters once spooled.
• Spooled filament is immediately vacuumed sealed with desiccant once spooling is complete. By immediately we mean it comes off the production line and is vacuumed sealed within 10 seconds. Yep.
• Pellets are heated to 0% humidity before extrusion. This should be a given with all factories, but you would be surprised how many fail this test.
• We don’t take chances. If the laser caliper chirps an alarm (meaning the filament is off-spec of <.05mm) the extrusion run is pulled and sold off as waste. We then start over from scratch. This ensures absolute consistency between all batches of filament.
• Each extrusion batch runs for roughly 30 minutes before we start spooling. Why? Because that’s how long it takes to get the diameter perfect. Crafting premium filament is an art, not an exact science. Our team is very, very good…which is why they take their time with each run, ensuring the extrusion run is perfect before we spool rolls.
• We print in-house on 3 different printer brands. If your printer doesn’t suck, it will like FoxSmart filament. Even if it does suck, it might suck less with premium quality filament. Help your printer suck less…give it what it wants.
Silver is…well, silver. Black, white, gold – these are exactly what they appear to be and are rich, saturated filaments. But you might be curious what the other colors match up to in your Pantone set. Please see below:
Of course, like with all FoxSmart products, you’re getting plain, cost-effective packaging. You’re getting support form geeks who, like you, are Makers and Hackers and all-around geeks (sorry to call you a geek, but 3D printing is still pretty geeky, no?)
If you have questions, please email us.